Is your product safe?
- Absolutely! We use an all-natural, organic enzyme product that is safe to use even on
What are the ingredients
in the product?
- Water, and natural enzymes including protease, lipase, cellulase, and
amylase. The enzymes are all derived from organic sources
How long is the spray good
- The product has a 1 year shelf life
What does your
product do exactly?
- The enzymes in our product destroy the exoskeleton of the louse,
thereby killing it. It also loosens the glue that attaches the nit to the hair shaft, thereby making removal much easier
My pediatrician recommended NIX or RID and said if these products do not work, he would prescribe something. How
do these products differ from yours?
- The over-the-counter products contain either pyrethrin
(A-200, Pronto, R7C, Rid, Triple X) or permethrin (Nix). The prescription products contain either much higher concentrations
of permethrin (Elimite is 5 times as concentrated as Nix), malathion (Ovide), benzyl alcohol (Ulefsia), or lindane (Kwell).
All of these chemicals are insecticides/ pesticides and can be very irritating (causing wheezing, vomiting, and skin rashes,
especially in persons with allergies or asthma). Several of them are neurotoxic. In addition, these products are not very
effective: none of them do anything to help with removal of nits, and the lice have developed resistance to the ingredients
Why did the over the counter products (RID, NIX, etc.) not work for me?
time, lice have built up a resistance to these products. As a result, they are almost useless these days. In addition, the
ingredients in these products are absorbed through the scalp and are potentially toxic
home remedies like mayo or peanut butter work?
- Not only are most home remedies messy
but they are also potentially hazardous. Mayonnaise and peanut butter have to be left on hair all night but they may
still fail to suffocate the live lice. Both may help loosen nits somewhat, but they are hard to remove and they make it difficult
to comb through the hair- a step that is a must in dealing with lice. Gasoline and kerosene are extremely flammable
and should never be used
How is your comb different from other lice combs I have
seen in stores?
- Our comb has metal teeth that are spaced very close together and that
have grooves along each tooth. This design makes them extremely efficient at grabbing the lice and the nits, making it so
much easier to remove them
How do I clean the comb?
- You can disinfect it by boiling it in hot water for 1-2 minutes or by placing it in the
Do I need a different comb for each member of my family?
- No. We do suggest sanitizing the comb between each use