Can lice live on my pets?
- No! Lice need human blood to survive.
They may crawl on a pet like a pillow, but they will keep moving until they find a human head to feed on.
Can adults get lice?
- Absolutely! If you have hair, you can get lice!
Can lice fly/jump?
- NO! Lice have no wings so they cannot fly. They move by
crawling and not by jumping
Why do lice live on the head?
- Lice like the human head because it provides them with darkness, warmth, and access to the blood they need to survive
If my head is itchy, does that mean I have lice?
- Not necessarily. You might
be itching because you have a dry scalp or a sunburn. Often, the mere thought of lice makes people feel itchy
My hair is never dirty so how did I get lice?
- Lice actually prefer clean
hair, but anyone can get lice
My husband has very little hair. Can he still get lice?
- Yes. Even a person who has very little hair can get lice
Does blow drying or
flat ironing my hair kill lice?
- No. Neither of these provides enough concentrated heat
for the time required to kill the lice and nits.
How can I tell if it is a….
The bug is about the size of a grain of rice
The tear-drop shaped egg is firmly attached to the hair shaft and is not easily dislodged when you move
your fingers across it.
These little white flakes
easily come off the hair when you touch it or blow on it.